Calling all tourism and retail management executives, tourism and retail promotion organizations, brand building and marketing agencies, tourism and retail management researchers, educators, trainers, CVBs, and postgraduate scholars...
The conference theme is “Advances in Tourism and Retail Services”. The dramatic, rapid, and concurrent growth of tourism and retail industries creates both tremendous opportunities and serious challenges, forcing organizations and communities to ponder over many questions requiring considerable investigation and debate. The conference therefore invites researchers, educators, and practitioners to submit papers and presentations on the following topics or closely related areas:
- Innovation & development in tourism and retail management, operations & delivery;
- Co-creation & enhancement of the retail service experience;
- Revenue management, economics & strategic pricing of retail services in a tourism setting;
- Marketing, brand building & delivery of tourism related retail services;
- Human resource management & labor economic issues;
- Education & training in retail and tourism;
- Use of technology, social media & communication innovations;
- Governance, stakeholder & community issues;
- Corporate social responsibilities of tourism retail service organizations;
- Entrepreneurship in tourism retail marketing;
- Leadership issues & ethics of tourism retail organizations;
- Growth, franchising & expansion challenges;
- Service quality, customer satisfaction in tourism retail organizations; and
- Non-conventional tourism
Types of Papers
- Extended abstract should be about three pages ( do not exceed 3,000 words, including a short abstract, key words, main text, references, tables, and figures)
- Full research papers (empirical or conceptual papers) should be between 4,000-5,000 words (do not exceed 5,000 words, including abstract, key words, main text, references, tables, and figures)
- Working papers should be between 1,200-1,500 words (do not exceed 3,000 words)
Paper Submission Guidelines
Please follow these guidelines when submitting your paper:
- Provide the full title of the paper as it will appear in the conference program
- Include a list of authors, first name, surname and institutional affiliation
- All papers should include:
- An abstract of approximately 150 words
- A list of 4-6 key words
- An introduction that provides an overview of the paper and the significance of the research
- A literature review that provides the background and outlines the context and/or academic literature that informs the research
- A section that outlines research approach and method (for empirical research)
- A description and application of the research findings (for full papers)
- A conclusion that provides a summation of the paper and its contribution to the themes of this conference
- Writing style should follow APA ( 6th edition http://student.ucol.ac.nz/library/onlineresources/documents/apa_guide_2015.pdf )
ALL accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings with an ISSN number, either in the form of extended abstract or full paper or working paper. The Conference Paper Committee will take care of the proceeding editing, but all authors should be responsible for language, copyright of any tables or figures, and authenticity of the paper. For any papers to be included in the proceedings, at least one author must attend and present the paper. Please note that papers aiming for best paper awards must be in full paper format.
The Conference is supported by JOURNAL OF BUSINESS RESEARCH, JOURNAL OF GLOBAL SCHOLARS OF MARKETING SCIENCE, as well as JOURNAL OF QUALITY ASSURANCE IN HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM. Selected papers will be invited to be published in the above journals. Invited papers to go through a double-blinded review process of respective journals.
The paper submission system for the TRMC 2018 conference is managed by EasyChair. Click on this submit-your-paper link (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=trmc2018) and you will be taken to the TRMC 2018 conference EasyChair webpage. If you don't already have one, you will be required to create an EasyChair user account that will enable you to log into the site.
31 May 2018
Extended abstract submission deadline
3 June 2018
3 September 2018
Early bird registration deadline
3 October 2018 ***
Full paper submission deadline
3 November 2018
Final registration deadline
3 December 2018
*** For inclusion in proceedings, authors and contributors MUST submit complete manuscript AND register by 3 November 2018 registration date.
SPECIAL CALL FOR PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
This special session seeks contributions address these opportunities and challenges in the Greater Bay Area in the context of tourism and retail management. The special session will take place as part of the forthcoming International Conference on Tourism and Retail Management that will be hosted by the Institute for Tourism Studies, Macao, from 3 to 4 December 2018.
We therefore call upon scholars, practitioners, and researchers involved in fields as diverse as tourism marketing, retail management, tourist shopping behavior, and related areas to contribute and share ideas, studies, and research on this special theme.
Types of submission considered: Abstracts, extended abstracts, or full papers. Submissions can be in English or Chinese and must be received by midnight 31 July 2018. All submissions will be subject to a double-blind competitive review. The Institute for Tourism Studies, Macao, host of the conference, had generously offered to waive the conference registration fee for a maximum of six authors/ presenters whose submissions for this special session have been selected after the competitive review.
Submission link (via EasyChair): https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=trmc2018